Original Piano Maker(s)
George Steck (1829 – 1897)
New York City
- 1860 — Company renamed from Steck & Grupe to George Steck & Company.
- 1865 — Awarded Gold Medal for Square Piano National Exhibition of the American Institute in New York.
- 1865 — Steck Hall opened.
- 1871 — Steck Hall relocated to a larger venue, and atop the hall their main headquarters.
- 1873 — Awarded First Prize at the Vienna Exposition.
- 1884 — Incorporated and awarded profit-sharing.
- 1887 — Steck retired and was succeeded by George Nembach.
Innovation(s) / Patent(s)
- 1865 — Patent awarded for Bell-Metal Plate
- 1870 — Patent awarded for the Independent Iron Frame
Manufactured for North America by Nanjing Moutrie Piano Company in Nanjing, China, and distributed by Welkin Sound Inc. in Ontario, California.