Original Piano Maker(s)
Wilhelm Schimmel (1854-1946)
- May 2, 1885 — First Schimmel piano built.
- 1891 — Schimmel's first factory was built.
- 1897 — Schimmel's second and larger factory was built.
- Named Court Builder for both the Grand Duchy of Saxe-Weimer and King of Romania
- 1913 — Recieved gold medal at the World Exhibition.
- 1914 — Recieved gold medal at the World Exhibition.
- 1915 — Developed Ducanola, a self-playing piano.
- 1927 — Schimmel retires and his son, Wilhelm Arno Schimmel takes over the company.
- 1929 — Moved headquarters to Braunschweig, Germany.
- 1960 — Schimmel celebrates the building of its 50,0000 piano.
- 1961 — Wilhelm Arno Schimmel passes away and his son, Nikolaus Wilhelm Schimmel assumes the leadership role, making him the third generation in charge of Schimmel Pianos.
Notable Dates (cont.)
- 1966 — First phase of factory expansion in a 6400 sq. ft. lot completed.
- 1975 — Second phase of the factory expansion completed.
- 2003 — A fourth generation takes over. Hannes M. Schimmel-Vogel (son-in-law to Nikolaus Wilhelm Schimmel) becomes president.
- 2016 — Alliance formed between Schimmel and Pearl River.
Zhaoyin Chen is the new president of the company while Viola Schimmel (great-granddaughter of Wilhelm Schimmel) is the general manager.