Tracing the roots of the piano to the very beginning of consciousness, when man first became aware of sound.
Louise Goss (1926 – 2014): American Piano Pedagogue
- Studied piano and clarinet.
- Educated under Frances Clark (who established the first piano pedagogue program in the United States) as the first class at Kalamazoo College, receiving a B.A with three majors—music, philosophy, and English.
- Along with Frances Clark, Goss was director of the piano and piano pedagogy program at Westminster Choir College in New Jersey.
- In 1960, collaborated with Frances Clark to create The New School for Music Study in Princeton.
- Writer and editor of the Frances Clark Library for Piano Students and The Music Tree piano method series.
- First woman on the faculty of music literature at the University of Michigan.
[ CLOSE ]
PianoPedagogy.org. "Louise Goss, Warm-Ups, Group Lesson (Parents’ Class) 1985." Online Video Clip. YouTube. YouTube, 18 Aug. 2015. Web. 5 Nov. 2015. Standard YouTube License.
- "Louis Goss (1926-2014)." NSMS Piano. The New School for Music Study, n.d. Web. 17 Sept. 2015.
- "Louis Goss, 1926-2014." Keyboard Pedagogy. The Frances Clark Center for Keyboard Pedagogy, n.d. Web. 17 Sept. 2015.