Tracing the roots of the piano to the very beginning of consciousness, when man first became aware of sound.
Carola Grindea (1914 – 2009): Moldovia Born Pianist, Teacher, Author
- Educated at Bucharest Conservatory.
- Scholarship studies under Tobias Matthay.
- Professor at Guildhall School of Music.
- Founded the International Society for the Study of Tension in Performance (ISSTP).
- Developed breathing exercises for relaxation.
- In her book Great Pianists and Pedagogues, she interviews more than 40 pianists and pedagogues of the 20th century.
[ CLOSE ]
Grindea, Carola. Great Pianists and Pedagogues in Conversation with Carola Grindea. Kahn & Averill: London, 2007. Book Cover. Amazon. Amazon.Com, 1996 – 2016. Web. 14 Feb. 2016. No Known Copyright Restrictions.
- Menuhin, Yalta. "Carola Grindea Speaks with Yaltah Menuhin About Her Musical Upbringing and Career." Yalta Menuhin. Piano Journal, no 3, 1982. Web. 17 Sept. 2015.
- "Piano Technique Reviews: Carola Grindea and Grindea Technique." Piano Technique. Maple Grove Music Productions, n.d. Web. 17 Sept. 2015.
- Siepmann, Jeremy. "Carola Grindea: World-Famous Pioano Teacher Concerned with the Stress of Performance." The Guardian. Guardian News and Media Limited, 1 Sept. 2009. Web. 17 Sept. 2015.
- "Professor Carola Grindea." The Telegraph. Telegraph Media Group Limited, 23 July 2009. Web. 17 Sept. 2015.
- "History of ISSTIP." ISSTIP. International Society for the Study of Tension in Performance, 2005 – 2015. Web. 17 Sept. 2015.