Tracing the roots of the piano to the very beginning of consciousness, when man first became aware of sound.
Hans Schmidt-Isserstedt (1900 – 1973): German Conductor, Composer – 20th Century Period
- Received his doctorate from Hochschule für Musik in Berlin where he wrote his dissertation on Mozart’s early operas in which they were Italian inspired.
- Remarkable orchestral teacher.
- Supported composers whose music had been banned by the Third Reich.
[ CLOSE ]
- Worbs, Hans Christoph. "Schmidt-Isserstedt, Hans." Oxford Music Online. Oxford University Press, 2007 – 2015. Web. 17 Sept. 2015.
- Eder, Bruce. "Hans Schmidt-Isserstedt." AllMusic. All Media Network, LLC., n.d. Web. 17 Sept. 2015.