Tracing the roots of the piano to the very beginning of consciousness, when man first became aware of sound.
Ferruccio Busoni (1866 – 1924): Italian born (Worked primarily in Germany) Composer, Virtuoso Pianist, Writer, Teacher, Conductor
- He came from a musical family.
- He taught in Russia, America and Germany.
- A champion for contemporary music.
- A Prolific writer, among his works is Sketch of a New Aesthetic of Music (Entwurf einer neuen Ästhetik) (1907) about musical freedom from conventional music; considered a “seminal work amongst music theorists” [ 2 ].
- Some of his pupils: Edgard Varese, Kurt Weill, Stephen Wolpe.
[ CLOSE ]
Library of Congress. "Portrait of Ferruccio Busoni, c. 1890 - 1900." Photograph. Original in Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division, Washington D.C., part of the George Grantham Bain Collection, Digital ID cph 3c26592. LOC.Gov. Library of Congress, n.d. Web. 11 Feb. 2016. No Known Copyright Restrictions.
Jewell, Bobby, and Wayne Daly. "Ferruccio Busoni: Sketch of a New Aesthetic of Music." AA Conversations. AA Conversations, 5 Feb. 2013. Web. 17 Sept. 2015.
- "Busoni." Rouge’s Foam. Rouge’s Foam, 17 Sept. 2012. Web. 17 Sept. 2015.
- Beaumont, Antony. "Busoni, Ferruccio (Dante Michelangelo Ben venuto)." Oxford Music Online. Oxford University Press, 2007 – 2015. Web. 17 Sept. 2015.