Tracing the roots of the piano to the very beginning of consciousness, when man first became aware of sound.
Daniel Gottlob Türk (1750 – 1813): German Theorist, Composer, Organist, Professor – Classical Period
- Director of music at Halle University where he also taught music theory and composition.
- Organist and musical director of the Marktkirche.
- Among his many writings is School of Clavier Playing (Klavierschule) (1789), a theoretical treatise is “…one of the most important sources for keyboard performance practice of the late 18th century.” [ 1 ]
[ CLOSE ]
"Daniel Gottlob Turk (1750-1813)." Naxos. Naxos Digital Services Ltd., n.d. Web. 15 Sept. 2015.
- Grave, Floyd K. "School of Clavier Playing by Daniel Gottlob Türk, Translation and Notes by Raymond H. Haggh." Notes. Second Series Vol. 40, No.4. June 1984. JSTOR. Web. 15 Sept. 2015.
- Jacobi, Erwin R. "Türk, Daniel Gottlob." Oxford Music Online. Oxford University Press, 2007 – 2015. Web. 15 Sept. 2015.