Portrait of Ferruccio Busoni, c. 1890 - 1900. [ 1 ]
Ferruccio Busoni (1866 – 1924) — Italian born (Worked primarily in Germany) Composer, Virtuoso Pianist, Writer, Teacher, Conductor
- He came from a musical family.
- He taught in Russia, America and Germany.
- A champion for contemporary music.
- A Prolific writer, among his works is Sketch of a New Aesthetic of Music (Entwurf einer neuen Ästhetik) (1907) about musical freedom from conventional music; considered a “seminal work amongst music theorists” [ 2 ].
- Some of his pupils: Edgard Varese, Kurt Weill, Stephen Wolpe.