Posted on May 10, 2012 | Comments Off
I love a piano, I love a piano
I love to hear somebody play
Upon a piano, a grand piano
It simply carries me away
- Irving Berlin
There's something to be said for a musical instrument that has its own theme song. When it came to the charms of the piano, Irving Berlin clearly tapped into something universal in the human spirit. So if you've been thinking about adding more music to your household, stop into Houston Piano Company. We're a piano store that loves pianos, and we have a passion for helping others learn to play.
At Houston Piano Company, we've been in the piano business since 1943. We're passionate about connecting experienced and aspiring musicians with the pianos they need to make great music. We offer an amazing selection of new and used pianos at affordable prices, as well as a host of other resources to meet all of your piano needs. We don't use gimmicks; we just know our store is the best one in town.
Buying a piano is a major decision. With so many brands, styles, and features to think about, you want to be sure you're getting the right instrument at the best price. It helps to have informed, friendly experts at hand who are willing and prepared to discuss with you which instrument will meet your needs, whether you're in the market for a traditional, quality upright; a high-tech instrument that's designed for learning, or a statement baby grand. We offer a host of new and famous brand pianos including Steinway, Yamaha, Bechstein, Brodmann, Mason & Hamlin, and many others. We also carry a variety of organs and player pianos.
Piano Lessons + Piano Classes
Lots of piano and music stores can connect you with private piano lessons, but how many of them have their own music school? At Houston Piano Company, we're so serious about the benefits of learning how to play an instrument - especially the piano - that we are committed to making it easier to do so. Whether you're seven or 70, the rewards of learning how to play the piano are innumerable, and the Houston Piano Company School of Music exists to expose as many people as possible to the joys of playing.
But we're not out to take business from dedicated music teachers and private instructors in Houston. Just the opposite - we're your allies in saving music education. We partner with music teachers in opening up as many avenues for piano classes and private lessons as possible. To that end, we've created a piano teacher locator directory for anyone looking for a qualified piano instructor in their own neighborhood. We invite music teachers to list their services for free and become eligible for teacher discounts and special offers.
Planning an occasion or event? We offer quality rental pianos for just about any special event, whether your need is a small-scale upright or a concert grand. If you're thinking of adding a piano to your home but aren't quite ready to purchase one, with our rent-to-own program you can try out piano ownership for as little as $35 a month.
Do you have a used piano to sell? We get lots inquiries from people asking whether or not we buy used pianos. Yes, we absolutely do! Call us today to discuss your used piano, and let us make you an offer.
Moving a piano requires precise skills and equipment. Before you try to undertake this challenging task yourself, give us a call. We've partnered with some expert piano movers in the Houston area who'll apply their professional skills and experience to get your piano from point A to point B with a minimum amount of stress to you and your instrument.
We at Houston Piano Company love everything about the piano. And we'd love to help you learn to love it, too. So if you're in the Houston area and are in the market to purchase, rent, or sell a piano, or if you're looking for affordable piano lessons for beginners of all ages, intermediate or advanced pianists, give us a call or stop in today.
Houston Piano Company
1600 W. 13th Street
Houston TX, 77008
Lessons: (832) 495-4150
Piano Store in Houston
Sometimes the right instrument is all you need to make good music sound great. At Houston Piano Company, we’re passionate about connecting experienced and aspiring musicians with the pianos they need to make great music. We offer an amazing selection of new and used pianos at affordable prices, as well as a host of other resources to meet all of your piano needs. We don’t use gimmicks; we just think our store is the best one in town when deciding where to buy a piano. Here’s why:
We sell and deliver the highest-quality in digital and acoustic pianos from all the best-known brands, from Yamaha to Steinway to Baldwin and more. We are also the exclusive Roland digital piano dealer for Houston, and our stunning display of player pianos will take your breath away! Don’t know how to play but want to learn? We offer year-round lessons for a variety of ages, and our facilities even include a recital hall where you can perform once you’ve developed your musical skills. Our store is truly a one-stop shop for both purchasing and playing this extraordinary instrument.
Learn about the various Houston Piano Makes & Models we offer.
We don’t mean to brag, but our piano experts are the best in the business for all types of pianos. Our store is owned and operated by Steve and Sue Merrill, the third owners since 1943. Steve grew up in Houston and has managed three different piano companies since 1974. Several members of our staff have two, three and even four decades of experience working with pianos. When you visit Houston Piano Company, you can take comfort in knowing that our company didn’t spring up overnight. We have the enthusiasm and know-how that comes with decades of experience in the business, and we’re ready, willing and able to put that knowledge to work for you.
Read about the history and experience of Houston Piano Company.
Service to All of Houston
Our phenomenal, retro-fitted warehouse showroom is centrally-located in Houston’s beautiful Heights, but no matter where you live in the city, we’re committed to making your piano shopping experience a pleasant one. Whether you’re from Sugarland or Katy, Cypress or Missouri City, when it comes to pianos, we’ve got you covered. But don’t just take our word for it. Call or visit us today and find out for yourself!
Find out more about the areas our Houston piano store serves.
The piano is a sensational instrument that is at the pinnacle of music making as we know it. Its rich past and continued success has made it the most important instrument in the western world. Most children start learning the piano, as opposed to any other instrument. This is because the instrument allows for a visual representation of the twelve available tones and very little technique required to produce these tones. While the piano is simple to understand at a basic level, learning how to play it proficiently takes much more time, focus, and determination. It will all be worth it, though, as the piano is undoubtedly one of the most versatile and dynamic instruments available to the budding musician.
- If you are a musician of any type, I would suggest taking piano lessons. If you are a vocalist, it helps bring a theoretical context to the songs you sing. If you play the saxophone, it can help you visualize the abstract tones you play. If you play guitar, it will make reading sheet music much easier. If you wish to make electronic music, most tones are created using electronic keyboards, so piano lessons will only help expand your options as a musician. In fact, people who graduate from college with a music degree in any realm of music must become somewhat proficient on the piano as a prerequisite of their graduation.
- The piano has a rich history and a dynamic future. Acoustic pianos come from thousands of years of musical evolution and the grand piano we know of today is a marvel of human creativity. After the 1950s, when the grand piano and upright piano were firmly established as the “perfect” keyboard instruments, electronics started to take effect in the musical world. While electronic guitars were taking off, it seemed that an electronic keyboard would always sound electronic. Not until very recently has digital technology improved to create a keyboard that sounds very much like an acoustic piano. Roland, in particular, has created a digital piano with a crisper tone than some uprights!
- The piano can play many different types of music. From rock, to pop, to electronica, to jazz, and all the way back to classical music, the piano is incredibly prominent. The piano’s 88 keys give it a gargantuan range of tone, rivaled only by electronic instruments and the organ. It can also play multiple notes at once, something that the human voice cannot. Keyboard instruments can create more notes at once than any other instrument, which is why the piano is often considered “an entire orchestra in one instrument.”
- Lessons are easy and affordable! Finding a piano teacher in today’s society is not a very difficult thing to do by any means. In fact, right now, at the Houston Piano Company, you can sign up for an upcoming piano summer camp! Believe it or not, the piano can be a very fun experience for you and your children. Music brings joy and the piano is the best means for creating music. If you have been thinking about piano lessons, think no more and take advantage of the great offers available to you now.
- The piano has presence. Just the sight of an upright piano in your living room can uplift a person’s spirits. Aesthetically, pianos satisfy a need that few other instruments can. They are practically pieces of furniture themselves. And if taking up space isn’t your idea of a good buy, digital pianos are incredibly versatile and transportable instruments. You can even rent a piano if you’re not sure that the instrument is right for you.
So, with the rich history, exciting future, and versatile capabilities, the piano is one of the most worthwhile investments I can think of.